Monday, July 11, 2011

About 12 Days...

Several years ago I began work on a science fiction trilogy that takes place on Earth in the year 3219. It is a story that is centered around a man named, Macroy, who after being rescued from a distant planet, comes to find out that he….wait, I’m not going to tell you what he finds out, because hopefully one day I will be promoting that book, so I’ll let you wait until then to find out more.

In any case….during the process of rewriting the original book, I suddenly found myself wondering about the history that led up to Macroy’s current predicament. What happened in the world’s history to change the Earth the way it had? And would any of those events have any bearing on how the story I was working on would resolve itself? So many questions. So many possibilities. And then one day…so many answers! This, of course, lead to the most obvious solution….a prequel!!

Believe me, this was no easy decision to make since I had already invested so much time in the trilogy I had been working on, writing and rewriting it until I was almost ready to say, “It’s done!” But there the back story was, interfering with my thoughts and plaguing my every waking moment until I finally gave in, put my former story aside, then opened a new document and typed… “Mr. President, are you ready?”

At that moment, “12 DAYS” was born! Weird? Indeed. Regrettable? Hardly. I am truly enjoying writing this series. And I’m really, REALLY hoping that you’ll enjoy reading it!

(Book cover concept art : By Irene and Mark Grimm (c) 2011)


(Note) 12 DAYS: BOOK 1 is the first installment in a 12 part series. It is set to release as an electronic book on Amazon.com in Summer 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment